Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In a gym state of mind

Hello world…. It’s Wednesday, which means no class for me. What am I going to do with my time today?
I’m pretty sure I’ll find something…. there’s always plenty for me to do.

I’m a little sore right now. I’ve been to the gym twice this week.

The gym has been packed all week. Of course it will be packed this week. It’s what everyone has come to expect. Students come back to school talking a bunch of bull about how big they’ll get this semester. They lift hard and remain dedicated for two weeks at the most. After the first two weeks of the semester, a person knows who the serious ones are.

You wanna knows what’s funny?

The serious ones are the same ones every semester.

This point about the gym goes back to a point I made the other day regarding New Year’s resolutions. Everybody talks a big game, but only few walk the walk.

When will more people talk the talk?

Hopefully, one of those people will be me. I admit my guilt because I talk a lot of smack about the gym too. Getting muscular has always been one of my dreams, but it’s hard for me to stay dedicated to the gym. That’s a bad habit of mines that I must break this semester.

My goal is to stay as dedicated to the gym as possible. Not just this semester, but every semester. Yesterday was a huge step considering how tired I was after class ended ( at 12 noon).

Yeah, I know what you’re saying.

12 Noon is kind of early. Why is he tired at 12 noon?

Well smarty, classes start at 7:55 for me on Tuesdays and Thursday.

How much more brutal can this university get?

The registrar’s office needs to start thinking from the students’ perspective. That same class could’ve been at 12:10 (or even later).

But anyway, I was able to make it to the gym and finish my day. Okay, so I cheated a little bit by taking a short nap. So what? If it wasn’t for that nap, I’d be walking backwards without knowing it. That nap allowed me to play basketball in the evening. Going to the gym twice yesterday was not in my plans. But hay, naps will do that for a person.

Oh yeah I forgot. I actually watched a TV show the other night. It’s been a while since I watched a TV show.

What did I watch?

Sanford and Son. Who cares the show is old. There’s nothing wrong with that. I’ll take Sanford and Son over a lot of modern TV shows.

OK, my Wednesday blog is coming to an end. I still don’t know what I’m going to do.

Any suggestions?

Ah, never mind. I forgot how much homework I have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment