Monday, January 17, 2011

Winter Break

Man, winter break is over. Could've used another week. But it's ok because it's time to get back to work.

My break was ok. Got a lot of rest but most importantly, I got to spend time with my family. You can never get enough of family.

But anyways, let's talk a little about my break. Boy, was it a break. A restful break at that. I never thought I would get tired of watching TV. I didn't have much to do, so TV was one of few options. Yeah, you may be saying this guy is crazy.

You may be asking: Who gets tired of watching TV? Only an idiot like me.

In a few weeks, I'll be begging for any chance to sit in front of the tube. So I need to be grateful.

Ok...let me stop horsing around. I did a lot more than watch TV over break. I wanted to feel sorry for myself for a moment. We all get moments like that, don’t we?

The mall was one of my frequent stops over the break. It's amazing how so many people go to the mall just to walk around. Numerous individuals walked around bag-less. Some didn't even bother to look in the stores' display windows. How crazy is that?

Ok, why did I spend so much time watching others?

Because I was one of those individuals. LOL

It got so bad for me that I went to the mall with no money. I just went for the ride. How stupid of me? I definitely need to make better use of my time.

I also got the chance to take in a New Jersey Nets basketball game.

My Nets are at an all-time low. It is embarrassing to be a Nets fan these days. I won't even talk about the game. SMH

I should slap myself. How could I devote an entire blog to Winter break and not talk about Christmas until now?

What a shame on my part.

My Christmas was pretty good. I should have let my mother get me a new TV. I don’t know what I was thinking when I turned that offer down.

My TV’s condition is grim. You know you need a new TV when you have to tape the extension cord in order for it to work. How embarrassing.

Anyway, it’s now 2011 folks. Yes, it’s another new year. It’s the time of the year when you hear a bunch of bull. The time when you hear about every one’s New Year’s resolutions.

People say they’ll do this, they’ll do that; but they never do it.

Well, I won’t renege on my resolution. Everyone who reads this blog is a witness to that.

My resolution is to open the year with a bang of a blog. And I must say, I think I’m doing a whale of a job. I must be because you’re still reading. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment