Friday, January 21, 2011

Who wants to party?

Hello folks, it’s Friday and you know what that means. The weekend has started. And you know what that means. It’s party time. Not for me specifically. It’s too cold. If I go out, you better believe my jacket is coming with me.

And who parties with a jacket on?

I’ll wait. Exactly.

Partying for me has decreased of late. I don’t know why but I can’t get myself to go out. Couldn’t say that as a freshman. Partying was my life freshman year, which is probably why it has decreased.

You get tired of partying with the same people all the time. As a freshman, upperclassmen told the reasons they stopped going out. I looked at them like they were crazy.

When they told me the reasons I thought to myself: How could anyone stop partying at a school like Lehigh?

Now I understand why. The same reasons they stopped are the same reasons I cut back. It comes with age.




Anyways, the Lehigh Valley got more snow this week. Big surprise. Not.

Snow has hit the Northeast hard this winter. I can’t recall ever shoveling so much snow. Graciously, I didn’t have to shovel this week, which reminds me of something.

I want to thank all the workers who find time to clear the pathways on campus. They faithfully show up and work hard to make our travels safe. If it wasn’t for them, St. Luke’s Hospital would be full of Lehigh people.

Every member of the Lehigh community should take time and show the workers some appreciation. The workers don’t have to do what they do.

They not only show up when it snows. They’re on campus constantly doing whatever they can to make life better for us.

So what if they get paid. They do an excellent job.




The beginning-of-the-semester blues have hit me hard this week. At the start of every semester, I get bored. The professors don’t assign a lot of work, so there’s not a lot for me to do.

In past semesters, I forced myself to work to help relieve the boredom. Not this semester. I will appreciate the lack of work this time around.

Towards the middle of the semester, I’ll be begging for the relaxation I enjoyed this week.

This week, I got the chance to watch a few TV shows I haven’t seen in a while. It was good to have a few good laughs. I needed those laughs to ease the back-to-school adjustment. Winter break spoils me. I spend so much time around family and friends that I forget about school.
When I get back to school, it’s a smack-in-the-face.


No comments:

Post a Comment